- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Between Asia and Europe, Between Local Specificity and Global Recognition
Dezember 8, 2022 - Dezember 9, 2022
The 1st International Symposium on Contemporary Asian Theatre
The 1st International Symposium on Contemporary Asian Theatre will take place in Göttingen on Dec. 8 and 9 with a theme on „Between Asia and Europe, Between Local Specificity and Global Recognition.“ The symposium consists of four parts and is open to the public audience:
1) Three Keynote Speeches: on artistic exchange and cultural diplomacy; and talks were given by artistic directors and curators of theater festivals to reflect on the contemporary theater landscapes in India and China.
2) Two Conference Sessions: international critics, scholars, and artists will present talks about and discuss „Local Specificity“ and „Global Recognition.“
3) One Artist Forum: an online forum for Europe-based Asian artists to discuss any issues of interest to them; an introductory webpage created to showcase their artistic works.
4) Three Workshops: developed by scholars from Göttingen, Cambridge, Heidelberg, and Berkeley in California; on virtual reality in theatre; on finding the communal through transborder art; on digital humanities and theatre archives.
For the symposium program, please click here.